‘That Special Someone’ – Dating Tips.Posted: January 29, 2014
Found this old post as its summer thought I might revisit:
‘Im totally unqualified to discuss dating as it’s been over a quarter of a century since I’ve been on a date! Dating is a topic that really is beyond what I know how to speak about’.
‘I never do lol, cos I’m clumsy, and never make the first step. i make it obvious, but never ask someone out, I’m a coward :)’
THE KISS ::
- MARTEL O’NEIL :: Happily married – Hair dresser & Singer-Songwriter from UK, says :: when you meet a guy or girl, if the opportunity permits, (i.e when alone, or be it not) seize it. Kiss him/her, to let them know you are interested, but not a slut. Hence, you are not doing the (jiggy-jiggy) the deed, right now – but you are interested, still. This is so true, because often, you might take his or her number, but never call and forget, all about them; leaving you with a lesser opportunity to re – ignite the spark! ::
- ANTHONY EVEREST :: Producer /Singer-Songwriter from UK, says :: Instinct is a killer. Your first instinct is always the best, if not one of the best you’ll ever need to rely on. There is no smoke without a fire. Follow Your Heart and when you get there, use your head. What have you got to loose. The worst is usually no, but at least, you tried at giving romance a go. The more you try, the more you’d be resistant to no and just laugh it off, as a joke. You’d be surprised how many people would see your strengths and not your weaknesses. Follow Your Heart – not just your DREAMS’ :: Follow your heart and dream new dreams everyday! It’s a healthy disposition towards life!
THE LOOK ::
- KAREN MacManus :: Inspirational Singer, from UK :: I’ve not done this before or even been aware of what to say, don’t start me off please lol. Aww, well I wouldnt say anything. I would give him a certain look. I would chat with him and work my atmosphereic eyes into his mind lol. Maybe lick my lips and get close to him, I wouldnt say anything. I would wait till he couldn’t resist – But I’m not single anyway, I have a wonderful partner. I’m Very Happy. So there!
- Notes :: Karen who knew you were wickedly romantically kind. Is that why people lick their lips then – when they are looking at us lol. Just Kidding.
I Don’t ::
- Ryan Quadri, Videographer – London :: Lol. I don’t have any. Sorry, MercyfulGrace. I really don’t. I’ve been focused on work these last few years. I just take what comes to me, if anything.
- Notes: Okay – We’ll take that and use it. It’s good enough, although, maybe, don’t settle for just anything, Ryan …’ You are too industrious & handsome for that. Those bulging biceps where not made for tripods and camera’s alone. They were made for beautiful lasses with long legs and tenderness too.
- Yahya Jeffries-E :: ”yah supreme” – An Entertainer, as he likes to call himself, reckons :: lavish attention on the object of your affection without trepidation. Be imaginative, spontaneous and generous and none of this necessitates heaps of money! DON’T take it as a personal shortcoming, if a first date leads not to a second one.
- Notes :: Can’t argue with that. How else would you know?
THE TEASE, THE LINES, THESE CHEESE ::
- Anthony Ghosh :: The DJ Talent from London is single and dates. He says ‘I think you need to dress cool casual and sexy. I feel when I act immature with ladies; they like it, and, call them babe and Hun. Call a girl teddy bear or treacle and they like it. Tell them they are cute and beautiful! I also find, when I tell a lady, I am a Dj talent from the ITV show Britain’s Got Talent – it is a good chat up line’.
- Notes :: With a swag like that, so infectious – you may well be on the right track.
LET HISTORY BE HISTORY
- Makeba L. Boateng, Miss Ghana ‘The Original’ :: Well, you have to be open minded as you never know; this could be the one. Don’t talk about past date’s, as you can ruffle up feathers, in terms of saying the wrong thing about a past date or relationship can stir the evening on the wrong path. Your previous relationships should not count as you are dealing with a new person, character and experiences. My best dates have always been when I start it with a clean state of mind. Be honest with yourself. Speak with the person first for a little time before opting to meet up; depending on your own age and experience.
- Notes :: Too good for book. Wise wise indeed.
So there you go folks. After all said and done, none of these are written or set in stone. You can make up your own rules, as you go along. The important thing is to be free. Freedom is free. Don’t over analyse or justify yourself too much to a date. If it’s meant to work it doesn’t have to be that hard. Although, personally, I go an extra mile, if I care that much to let them know. You do what works for you and let love light the way.
‘True love does not cost a thing (- after all). Her acceptance is just the way we pay’ – Steve Wonder
My favourite of all the tips is – The KISS :: It sounds silly, cause it’s arguably a plug – but I genuinely – mean that! I never thought that, that could be a make or a break of a potential love interest. I guess it’s fested with the old notion that If you want something that much, go and get it.
More so, attributed to some old good sources, it’s an attractive trait, when you are bold enough to make that move. It hails a sentiment of confidence around you that could raise an eyebrow of suspicion, probing your realness – leading to a peculiar seduction; in conclusion.
Thank you to everyone who has agreed to be a part of this article. I hope you all genuinely – truly find what you are looking for! Especially, In Love*. Kiss Me Baby, the new Valentine EP is on it’s way to you too. Each day can be Valentine’s Day if you make it feel that way. There’s another article!
Wishing you all the very best today, and don’t forget to get that Special Valentine Song, ‘Kiss Me Baby’ – on iTunes or Amazon. It’s out today! It might be just what you need to get lucky – all day and all night – till twilight.
More coming soon ..’
What’s your view? Share this with someone! Pass it on. About time ..’
If you have been blessed by this post; or blog, feel free to show your support here.Thank you
(C) 2018 MercyfulGrace / Anthony Everest
All Rights Reserved