The truth is love – Anything devoid of it – is just not good enough. #KissMeBabyEp – Anthony Everest
No mother**&ker owns Love or God – Freely it was given ..’ Whoever defies this notion – is not of Love* ..’ Not found. Lost, totally reclused. Unfound – Lost – lost, lost – to time. Freely – it was given to every – Tom, Dick & Harry! #MercyfulGrace ..’
Above the love of Jah ..’ I see no other ..’ The rest is a waste of time ditto !!!
Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion!
When the Lord brings back the captivity of His people,
Let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
Similar Articles :: Macy Gray – Phenomenal
I had interviewed Macy Gray about a month prior to her Koko Gig. We got on very well and it felt like I was talking to an old friend rather than a grammy award winning artiste and international iconic soul songstress which made my job easier. Then right at the end, she said she’d like to invite me to her Koko Gig and send me some tickets.
She was so sweet to me. I was pleased but surprised at the same time at her generosity and realness. It made me wonder if she was that real. So I had to take a dive and oblige out of a major curiosity. She asked what I was doing that evening. I was even more shell shocked that I didn’t even know how the words yes or no, left my lips.
So, I went to the gig on her invitation and was blown away by the utter surprise I received. I was expecting, a retro, laid back acoustic thing. But to my astonishment, Macy pulled out all the stops. From the costumes, to the background vocals, the lighting, the staging, the band, the song arrangements – it was pure exquisite soul heaven.
When Macy Gray sings, she means every word, every phrase, and every breath she takes is with tuneful precision and soulful sincerity. A thing rare in this industry, now a days. As many are in it for the money and not the art anymore. Not Macy Gray!
My soul thought I had died and was having a dinner party with all my favourite Soul Diva’s & Divos, in a banqueting hall, in heaven. I promise you; Mahillia Jackson, Billy Holliday, Whitney Houston, Bob Marley, and Elvis were there too.
It was ecclesiastical and I was truly moved from within. When she sang You and I, the Stevie Wonder cover from ‘Talking Book’, her latest album – (her Stevie Wonder remake), I thought to myself, oh my God – you have gone and done it now. My inner eyes opened.
Perhaps, that was too much for wishful thinking; but my eyes did open. Nevertheless, her moments were momentous, glorious, unforgettable lyrical and melodic harmonic bliss to my wandering, bewildered, soul. I was delighted all over to say the least. My reaction, was unquestionably noticed by a few by standers and perhaps, by her from the stage. Something just clicked inside – instantly.
At some point I noticed her to be mirroring my movement to the music, from afar, on stage – when she was intimately, delightfully belting out an acoustic number, whilst sitting down over an electric guitar accompaniment by the second leg of the concert. What more could you ask of Macy Gray. Pure Class!
Macy and her band are all about Love. The world needs it, the economy needs it, the politicians sure do need it too. So, there we were, with the wonderful Macy Gray, before she proceeded to share her specially made, enormous, appetising on the eye, golden brown ‘Talking Book’ chocolate cake with all her fans and partied on further, for a few a hours at the Mahiki Night Club in Mayfair – where I met up with her again.
Now that’s another story – but if you want to read more on the Macy Gray Interview – head to MercyfulGrace HQ’s :: Website :::
There’s also live footage and pictures from the gig at Koko and audio recordings from the interview where you can hear Macy Gray herself – giving this exclusive interview. Lot’s of showbiz banter and harmless gossip. Sweet!
Macy Gray :: A Classy, Class Act. Pure Soul Heaven! A Great Maestro & Humble Melodic Diva – 5 Stars!
Talking Book :: by Macy Gray – the previous album has a follow up – ‘The Way’ :: Features a dope single – ‘HANDS’.
Àrèmúorin – Anthony Everest is a Jazz, Soul-R&B Award Winning Indie Singer-Songwriter, Author, Producer & 7X multi award nominee :: No1, 49+ Weeks, Jazz Charts ::
MercyfulGrace Blog http://www.MercyfulGrace.com
©2014 MercyfulGrace :: All Rights Reserved ::
Found this old post as its summer thought I might revisit:
‘Im totally unqualified to discuss dating as it’s been over a quarter of a century since I’ve been on a date! Dating is a topic that really is beyond what I know how to speak about’.
‘I never do lol, cos I’m clumsy, and never make the first step. i make it obvious, but never ask someone out, I’m a coward :)’
THE KISS ::
- MARTEL O’NEIL :: Happily married – Hair dresser & Singer-Songwriter from UK, says :: when you meet a guy or girl, if the opportunity permits, (i.e when alone, or be it not) seize it. Kiss him/her, to let them know you are interested, but not a slut. Hence, you are not doing the (jiggy-jiggy) the deed, right now – but you are interested, still. This is so true, because often, you might take his or her number, but never call and forget, all about them; leaving you with a lesser opportunity to re – ignite the spark! ::
- ANTHONY EVEREST :: Producer /Singer-Songwriter from UK, says :: Instinct is a killer. Your first instinct is always the best, if not one of the best you’ll ever need to rely on. There is no smoke without a fire. Follow Your Heart and when you get there, use your head. What have you got to loose. The worst is usually no, but at least, you tried at giving romance a go. The more you try, the more you’d be resistant to no and just laugh it off, as a joke. You’d be surprised how many people would see your strengths and not your weaknesses. Follow Your Heart – not just your DREAMS’ :: Follow your heart and dream new dreams everyday! It’s a healthy disposition towards life!
THE LOOK ::
- KAREN MacManus :: Inspirational Singer, from UK :: I’ve not done this before or even been aware of what to say, don’t start me off please lol. Aww, well I wouldnt say anything. I would give him a certain look. I would chat with him and work my atmosphereic eyes into his mind lol. Maybe lick my lips and get close to him, I wouldnt say anything. I would wait till he couldn’t resist – But I’m not single anyway, I have a wonderful partner. I’m Very Happy. So there!
- Notes :: Karen who knew you were wickedly romantically kind. Is that why people lick their lips then – when they are looking at us lol. Just Kidding.
I Don’t ::
- Ryan Quadri, Videographer – London :: Lol. I don’t have any. Sorry, MercyfulGrace. I really don’t. I’ve been focused on work these last few years. I just take what comes to me, if anything.
- Notes: Okay – We’ll take that and use it. It’s good enough, although, maybe, don’t settle for just anything, Ryan …’ You are too industrious & handsome for that. Those bulging biceps where not made for tripods and camera’s alone. They were made for beautiful lasses with long legs and tenderness too.
- Yahya Jeffries-E :: ”yah supreme” – An Entertainer, as he likes to call himself, reckons :: lavish attention on the object of your affection without trepidation. Be imaginative, spontaneous and generous and none of this necessitates heaps of money! DON’T take it as a personal shortcoming, if a first date leads not to a second one.
- Notes :: Can’t argue with that. How else would you know?
THE TEASE, THE LINES, THESE CHEESE ::
- Anthony Ghosh :: The DJ Talent from London is single and dates. He says ‘I think you need to dress cool casual and sexy. I feel when I act immature with ladies; they like it, and, call them babe and Hun. Call a girl teddy bear or treacle and they like it. Tell them they are cute and beautiful! I also find, when I tell a lady, I am a Dj talent from the ITV show Britain’s Got Talent – it is a good chat up line’.
- Notes :: With a swag like that, so infectious – you may well be on the right track.
LET HISTORY BE HISTORY
- Makeba L. Boateng, Miss Ghana ‘The Original’ :: Well, you have to be open minded as you never know; this could be the one. Don’t talk about past date’s, as you can ruffle up feathers, in terms of saying the wrong thing about a past date or relationship can stir the evening on the wrong path. Your previous relationships should not count as you are dealing with a new person, character and experiences. My best dates have always been when I start it with a clean state of mind. Be honest with yourself. Speak with the person first for a little time before opting to meet up; depending on your own age and experience.
- Notes :: Too good for book. Wise wise indeed.
So there you go folks. After all said and done, none of these are written or set in stone. You can make up your own rules, as you go along. The important thing is to be free. Freedom is free. Don’t over analyse or justify yourself too much to a date. If it’s meant to work it doesn’t have to be that hard. Although, personally, I go an extra mile, if I care that much to let them know. You do what works for you and let love light the way.
‘True love does not cost a thing (- after all). Her acceptance is just the way we pay’ – Steve Wonder
My favourite of all the tips is – The KISS :: It sounds silly, cause it’s arguably a plug – but I genuinely – mean that! I never thought that, that could be a make or a break of a potential love interest. I guess it’s fested with the old notion that If you want something that much, go and get it.
More so, attributed to some old good sources, it’s an attractive trait, when you are bold enough to make that move. It hails a sentiment of confidence around you that could raise an eyebrow of suspicion, probing your realness – leading to a peculiar seduction; in conclusion.
Thank you to everyone who has agreed to be a part of this article. I hope you all genuinely – truly find what you are looking for! Especially, In Love*. Kiss Me Baby, the new Valentine EP is on it’s way to you too. Each day can be Valentine’s Day if you make it feel that way. There’s another article!
Wishing you all the very best today, and don’t forget to get that Special Valentine Song, ‘Kiss Me Baby’ – on iTunes or Amazon. It’s out today! It might be just what you need to get lucky – all day and all night – till twilight.
More coming soon ..’
What’s your view? Share this with someone! Pass it on. About time ..’
If you have been blessed by this post; or blog, feel free to show your support here.Thank you
(C) 2018 MercyfulGrace / Anthony Everest
All Rights Reserved